1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Using Christmas Thread.

Hello my friends.
I have been unwell with flu the last few weeks.
No stitching at all till late yesterday :(
I decided after seeing Fiona`s Stocking block
to use a Christmas thread for wording.
One of my sister`s gave me 
Cottage Garden Thread : Mistletoe
as part of my gift last Christmas.
I thought it suited July`s block,
so I am using it in this quilt.
I will re stitch block one`s words to match.


I am so pleased with this block.
The stand and topping have gold thread which makes it sparkle.
I used DMC 3052 for tie and back stitching of holly.
The blanket stitch on holly is DMC 936. 
The pudding DMC 3047.
Heart DMC 816.
Berry 221.
I have cut out my applique pieces for next block.
I only need to work out what size my background piece is to be.
Happy Stitching,
Clare.

9 comments:

Susan said...

Clare - the block looks great - and Mistletoe is such a lovely thread for these blocks.

I think you will find the next block is cut at 10 1/2" across and down 8 1/2" down. and the September one is 8 1/2" square.

Fiona said...

Lovely block and Mistletoe is perfect for the writing.... Susan has said about the block.... there's a bit more to do this month...

Hugz

Petal49 said...

It looks wonderful and I love Cottage Garden threads, especially the reds.

Raewyn said...

Your block is gorgeous Clare, the thread looks good and also the stripe for the stand! Hope there's no more illness in your house this winter :-)

Narelle said...

Lovely fabrics ... looking yummm 😊

Anonymous said...

Beautiful block Clare xx

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Looks great Clare! Love the idea of using gold thread... must see if I have any :) xx

Anonymous said...

I like the variegated thread!

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Clare you have inspired me to also use those beautiful cottage threads....however they are not sold anywhere close to me here in Canada. So a phone call to the Quilting Angel was in order. Just only received them a few days ago so will need to get caught up now. Thank you for that inspiration. You block looks lovely.