1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

April finished!

I bet you didn't see this one coming any time soon. I, for one, have not been holding my breath waiting for this last block to get finished. But, today, during one of little A's naps, I decided to see if I could get the block prepped - and, after that was completed, see how much of it I'd be able to do before she woke up.

Well, I didn't get much done before she was up and ready for action again - but she did play on her mat for a little while so that I could finish the appliqué. The star is completed - and thus all the blocks from April can now be crossed off the list!

Not too bad, it only took about four months to get it done.. :-p


I'll see if I can get some new background fabrics selected and cut for May and June tomorrow (or this weekend, what ever comes first with some me-time). I'm not sure when I'll be able to start July (or August, for that matter) seeing as we haven't found a desk yet. Actually, we're missing quite a bit of stuff, and since moving, still have a bunch of boxes here and there. But, we're getting there. The house is liveable and we're getting to know the neighbourhood and the city. So far, not really missing Oslo - but I guess we'll get to that point too, sooner or later.

But tonight I'll be celebrating this one little victory!

May I have an "A, please?

4 comments:

Nemo said...

In other news, little A will be 6 months old next week. Time flies! Too quickly!

Laila said...

Well done... You wil come after with tiny steps :-)

Susan said...

You do have your hands full a baby and moving - well done on getting any sewing done!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

well done.....can't believe the little Miss is growing so quickly.....
lovely blocks and goodluck with some more prep....