1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I almost made it..BUT!

I thought I could have made it by tonight 
I was trying really hard to get this finished
BUT after spending the last hour un-sewing
 and now I have a huge headache..
I decided to admit defeat.

 I have sewn all my blocks, 
stitched the details, cut the little squares out
 and started to assemble the blocks and sashings,
 but as its only one hour or so to go 
I thought I would post where I am up too
 and when its finished in the next day or so, 
post my completed quilt...
I have lots of excuses why its not done but you don't need to hear them.
We all have life that stalls our plans at times...
 I have had my fair share the last month or so.
This is a beautiful quilt to make and
I am thrilled to have been a part of a large group,
 encouraging one another to make this amazing quilt. 
I have been totally inspired by
 every ones wonderful blocks and completed tops...thank you ladies
and THANKYOU so much Chookyblue for all the encouragement 
and daily reminder emails...LOL. 
Without you I would not have achieved this much.
 Look out in the coming days for my completed quilt!

 Hugs Dawn x x
 

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

keep going Dawn.......tomorrow things will be better when your not tired at the end of the day..........I would love to see this finished so keep working and I hope we see it soon.......love the fabrics too........

Susan said...

Dawn - we all get those times when things don't go how we hope. what you have done looks great and not that much more to go - we are all waiting for your Ta Da moment.

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Dawn...dont fret...you will see when you have fresh eyes how nicely your strips will come together. Life is tough at times and when the going gets tough, the tough go stitching! Keep your chin up! Looking forward to seeing your finished SKoW.