1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Thursday, February 2, 2012

New to the Group – Yippee!

Thank you Chooky for giving me the opportunity to join this wonderful group SAL, I am so excited to be stitching with wonderful people from all over the world.

I have been following all your work for a while now, I love everyones ideas and individual touches that are added. I get so excited when I see all the fabric selections used, they looking wonderful. I have started A Gardners Journal (I have a long way to finish) and Tis The Season is finished, just needs to be quilted.

So now I am ready to start Some Kind of Wonderful. I have chosen my main fabric, just now rganizing background. I think I am going to blanket stitch this quilt as many of the UFO’s I have at the moment are all needle turned. I think a change will be nice.

Thank you for allowing me to be part of the group.

Happy stitching Meg

6 comments:

Yvonne W said...

Welcome Meg. I am new to SAL as well and have had a very warm welcome from lots of bloggers from all over the world. I am sure you will enjoy the journey.
Regards,
Yvonne

FIONA said...

Welcome Meg!! You are going to love this quilt (I can't put it down) and it is fun stitching with ladies from all over the world!!! Happy stitching!!! Fiona H xx

Susan said...

Hi Meg - I am new for this SAL - but its been a great ride so far and the threaten of Chookyblue's whip doesnt let you fall too far behind.

Chookyblue...... said...

welcome to the group Meg.......can't wait to see what fabrics you have chosen.......

FloS said...

Welcome !! It's so much fun and pleasure ! you won't regret it !!
Florence

Love Bears All Things said...

Welcome!
Mama Bear