1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Second Post - Tis The Season

Hi all,  I am just doing my second post for this Stitch-A-Long.  I have had this on the back burner for sometime.  I have been reading the posts and doing a little comments here and there but not really doing anything of my own on this project.  I just had so much other things to do and then I feel ill and everything took the back burner.  Well I am back and I have to day Better then Ever.

So I got my fabric (post here) and I read the directions and did my cutting as per the directions...I was totally on top of this with all the intentions of the world to stay on top of this project.  Well then we started calving which took a lot of my time and then I feel ill on top of it all.  Everything went on the back burner, I was working on Hickory Hills and BOM Raggedy and Friends.  This summer I got everything back, feeling much better and I finished Hickory Hills and Raggedy and Friends.  The only thing left on my plate was Tis The Season.  So on Saturday feeling great that I have finally finished my projects I pulled out this project.  To realize that I have not even traced the Stitchery on to my fabric, so I did that.  Sunday came and started doing my stitching, by the end of the day I have 3 done!! Man did I feel great.  So this morning, I pieced these 3 blocks together so I at least had something seeing how most of you have pretty much completed your quilt tops.

I know that this is not the order that they are suppose to be in but I am doing it a little different as I have a little different fabric and thread so I don't want to get it all mixed up as that would totally suck.  So I am just working on the Block "A" s right now.  And I have completed the first 3.



I have a question for all of you: When you started piecing your blocks did you notice that you were short strips – for example it says Six (6), 4 ½” x 1 ½” – but when I pieced everything I actually needed Twelve (12), 4 ½” X 1 ½”.

Well I am hoping to have my top done by the end of next week if all goes as planned.  As I really just need to do the stitchery as everything else is done.  So by the end of September my quilt top should be done, and I can’t wait to show you all my progress.

Till Next Time,
Shauna

4 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

I see what you mean...no, I actually cut my strips as I pieced the blocks and I didn't do that until after I stitched that months pieces. I didn't cut them all out at once.
so happy to hear you're feeling better and are on top of things...Look forward to seeing your blocks.
Mama Bear

Susie said...

Hi Shauna, I got a little confused too but it all depends on your "A" and "B" fabrics I think. You really need to separate these and work with them seperately....Your blocks look beautiful. Happy Stitching, Susie

Alberta Gal, Shauna said...

Thank you for your comments. Yes I did have them separate in there own little ziplock but "A" was short as I made 3 block and ran out material and had to re cut some more....Oh well it all worked out in the end, and I still have fabric in case I make a mistake which is bound to happen as I have yet to complete a quilt with out one Rip involved

Chookyblue...... said...

I am going backwards with my comments catching up but you have made wonderful progress since this post.........well done.......