1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Inspired!

I have been inspired by Maree posting on Wednesday 24th August.  I love her table runner, and I want one too.  But I am not going to start a table runner as I must finish my 'Tis the Season' quilt.
I am making very good progress.  I am on target to finish the quilt by the end of this month.
My dear husband has booked a short break in France and we sail on this Thursday's ferry, so I thought I would get out my 'Gardener's Journal' blocks and pack them to complete whilst sitting on the ferry and travelling down to the South West of France by car.   I  have spent the whole day looking for the blocks, book and threads!  I have turned the house upside down and now very certain that those naughty fairies have been for a visit to my house again.  Eventually I found my book but not the blocks.  I usually organise all the items for a project and place them in a box all together.  I cannot start again as all the threads are with the lost blocks. What am I to do?
Does anyone fancy a trip to Devon to help me with my naughty fairies?

5 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Come Deborah, I'm at the finish line cheering you on xxx
hugs, Miche'le

Anonymous said...

have a nice trip Deborah,and well done with your stitching

Susie said...

I'll come to Devon to help you find it!! I started this Tish the season quilt and have loved everyone's GJ quilt so much I've bought the book/pattern for that one too!! Looking forward to starting it!
Hope you find it!
Happy Stitching, Susie

Susan said...

I am sure most of us in Australia would love to come over for a visit - but maybe we wont be there in time! How lovely to be able to just pop over to Europe. Good Luck with your hunt - it is very frustrating when you lose stuff like that.

Chookyblue...... said...

good to see some progress on the SAL.........and I think you said you found your GJ stitcheries.....