1st SAL.....Peg, Dale and I committed to stitching Anni Downs - A Gardener's Journal in March. I blogged about this on my blog thinking maybe one or 2 others may join us and lots of girls indicated an interest so I decided to start this blog where we can all encourage each other to meet the goals set along the way....March 2010 -March 2011...........
2nd SAL ......well so many of the girls wanted to continue on with another project and some new girls joined us and now approx 91 girls are stitching Natalie Bird's Tis the Season. March to Sept 2011...............
3rd SAL....many girls want to stick with the SAL so now we have moved onto Anni Downs Some Kind of Wonderful - My Favourite Things Quilt.......Oct 2011-Oct 2012.........
Where are we now.....
4th SAL 2013...is numerous smaller projects from the previous 2 books Tis the Season and Some Kind of Wonderful plus some projects from Red Home by Natalie Bird approx 60 ladies stitching together.........
2014 we had the year off..............
5th SAL 2015..........inspired to continue we are doing another quilt project.....Anni Downs newest quilt Natures Journey.....
6th SAL 2017.............A Holly Cottage Christmas by Michelle Ridgway.......once again the pattern is in an affordable book so it is easy for everyone to join in...........and you can raid your stash for the fabrics........or lash out and buy a the whole lot........this SAL will be run by Fiona aka Bubz Rugz and Raewyn........
Chookyblue........

Monday, April 5, 2010

At last......

It's taken me a while to get moving on this project....but last night I traced a few of the patterns and started stitching.....then I realised it was 3am!....this afternoon I cut all the pieces and assembled the first block.....so I am on my way!  I am using the Blackbird Designs range of fabric, Garden Party and Cosmo thread (on a spool) - #858.  I am loving this thread...! 


10 comments:

Grethe said...

Super colours,looks good with one colour on the thread.I also did
choose some from the Garden Party range.So pretty.Lucky you this far already. I have started to cut, can`t wait,must be very organized tomorrow and on Wednesday.

Khris78 said...

Wow i love the redwork it looks lovely :)

Seams Sew Together said...

Looks Beautiful, love your colours!!

Anita said...

Wow, the fabrics are so pretty! Love the stitching in one colour - really stands out.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks so good Loz...

Chookyblue...... said...

love the fabrics.....let me know once you have finished stitching the block.......

Helen said...

Very pretty, its lovely to see them taking shape.

Helen

Jytte R said...

I love your redwork. It looks so pretty and the fabrics too.

Cardygirl said...

Gorgeous fabrics...it will be a stunning quilt!

Bec said...

It looks beautiful! Love the Garden Party fabrics and red stitcheries are just stunning!